Vaccines Europe - 01 Sep 2021
Vaccines Europe Director Market Access and Public Affairs
About Vaccines Europe
Vaccines Europe, is a specialised vaccines group within the European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations (EFPIA), the professional association of the innovative pharmaceutical industry in Europe. Vaccines Europe was created in 1991 to provide a voice for the vaccine industry in Europe. The group represents 14 vaccine companies of all sizes operating in Europe, and currently includes all the major global innovative and research-based vaccine companies, including small and medium-sized enterprises.
Vaccines Europe’s mission is to support broad access to immunisation, enabling better protection of the health of individuals and the wider community throughout life, with both existing vaccines and those in development.
The Director of Access and Public Affairs reports to the Executive Director of Vaccines Europe and will lead the organization’s strategic advocacy and outreach on vaccines related legislation and policies, in collaboration with other team members. The Director of Access and Public Affairs will be in charge of leading Vaccines Europe Market Access and Public Affairs strategy.
- Horizon scanning to identify and priorities areas of challenges and opportunities in EU policy and legislation relevant to vaccines
- Design and implement advocacy strategies, applying EU affairs expert knowledge and leveraging in house and external expertise
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders: EU institutions, NGOs, other industry organisations, etc.
- Organise external advocacy events to educate and inform, as well as to foster existing relationships and to build new ones with key stakeholders
- Lead Vaccines Europe working groups with advocacy and external engagement mandate
- Secure alignment and coordination with international sister organizations on advocacy activities
Minimum qualifications and assets:
- University degree required (Bachelor in Arts/Economics/Science/Business/law); A master’s in health economics, public health, public policy, international affairs, political science, and/or a Law degree or other advanced degree is desired.
- Good understanding of infectious diseases, vaccines specificities and value of vaccination; experience in immunization economics and policies is preferred.
- Strong public health and political grasp – graduate with 8+ years of direct experience in European health policy and government affairs. Proven track record of effective leadership, including cross-functional leadership of government affairs strategies and projects to support organizational objectives.
- Excellent knowledge of the EU political and legislative decision-making processes and political ecosystem. Skilled judgement on positioning and tone of sensitive and complex policy issues is essential.
- Ability to grasp complex technical information and “translate” it for non-expert audiences.
- Strong communication (written and oral), networking, collaboration and interpersonal skills – ability to build relationships of trust with a wide range of individuals and organizations.
- Effective, flexible approach to team working.
- Proven ability to influence others at both peer and senior level.
- Strategic and flexible thinking – ability to multi-task, project management, handle complex issues, and translate insights into sound analysis and advice to the organisation.
- High personal accountability and integrity.
- Must have mother tongue level of English with excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Proven ability to build and maintain close relationships internally and externally.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively, foster teamwork and drive performance.
- Flexible team member with positive attitude, energy and ability to prioritise projects.
- Excellent organisational skills and consistent attention to detail.
- Good negotiations skills and ability in consensus building, etc.
- Experience working within pharmaceutical and/or healthcare industry.
- Additional European languages
- Public speaking
Vaccines Europe offers a permanent contract to start as soon as possible.
Interested candidates should send their application by October 1, or address any question on the position to email@example.com.
Please ensure that your application includes the following:
- An updated CV;
- A letter of motivation describing what attracts you to this position and why you believe you would be the right person for this job; and
- A 1-pager outlining the challenges for the vaccine industry in Europe