Vaccines Europe - 10 Jul 2020
Executive Director, Vaccines Europe
About Vaccines Europe: Vaccines Europe (VE) is the specialised vaccines industry group operating within the European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations (EFPIA). It represents innovative research-based vaccine companies as well as small and medium sized enterprises operating in Europe.
Together with its 33 national member associations, 39 leading pharmaceutical companies and representing 1,900 companies, the European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations’ mission is to create a collaborative environment that enables its members to innovate, discover, develop and deliver new therapies and vaccines for people across Europe, as well as contribute to the European economy.
- To be the voice of the Vaccines industry in Europe; overall accountability for the management and success of VE – including strategy development, definition of objectives and their delivery – in partnership with the VE team, VE Board, drawing support from and aligning with EFPIA as needed.
Key responsibilities include:
- Define and update periodically the strategy for VE, in alignment with the Board and EFPIA strategy
- Clarify and align with the Board, the annual strategic priorities for VE and develop a plan to ensure:
- The work of VE, including staff and its working Groups, is aligned to the priorities
- That VE has clear aligned positions on key topics
- That VE responds to relevant consultations and requests from EU stakeholders (incl. institutions, media, etc)
- That VE drives for action to improve and mitigate risks in the European environment for vaccines
- To monitor the external European environment, ensure that VE responds appropriately and that members are duly informed of relevant policy developments
- Manage a network of National Vaccine Industry Groups to deliver alignment with and amplification of the goals of VE at Member States level
- Represent VE with EU stakeholders and the media, working in close partnership with EFPIA and the VE President
- Accountable for management of VE including, including managing and motivating a small team
- Delivery of the budget, with the Treasurer
- Drive close alignment and co-ordination with EFPIA and other Trade Associations working on common topics and vaccines, where appropriate (eg IFPMA, BIO)
- Substantial experience working in public affairs, in Trade Associations, companies or EU institutions; healthcare experience is a must, vaccines knowledge desirable
- Extensive knowledge of the European institutional environment and institutional interactions as well as a developed network therein
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Leadership and management capability
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Under-graduate degree in an area relevant to the responsibility of the job. A Masters in health-related issues or EU Affairs is desirable
- Good judgement
- Leadership capability
- Strategic understanding and capability
- Solution- and delivery-focused
- Able to motivate and engage others (both in the team and able to lead the substantial resources put in by Member companies)
- Strong advocacy skills – applied in a political context and to get things done internally
- Communication skills (both written and oral)
- Able to work under pressure, able to multi-task and manage in a fast-moving, busy environment
- Working knowledge of other EU languages is desirable
EFPIA / Vaccines Europe offers:
- A permanent contract to start as soon as possible.
- Interested candidates should send their application by 15 August 2020, or address any question on the position to email@example.com.The application should consist of:
- Cover letter max. half page
- A 1-pager outlining the challenges for the vaccine industry.